Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS - for costume hire
1) Proof of identity will be required.
2) All Hirers must be over the age of 18 years of age.
3) All items are hired out on the strict understanding that they remain the property of "A1STAGE" at all times.
4) Hire charges are NOT refundable under any circumstance and we do not change costumes, once they have left our premises.
5) Deposits will only be refunded on the return of complete and undamaged items, at the required return date/time.
6) If the hired items are not returned on the required date, then there will be an additional charge of £5 for each day, which will be deducted from the deposit. If there is not enough retained money (in the deposit) to cover the extra period of time, then the hirer will be expected to pay the balance.
7) The Hirer will be responsible for the costume during the hire period and shall forfeit all the deposit, should any damage have been caused during this time. In the event of loss or extensive damage, the hirer will pay the full cost to replace the item(s).
8) The deposit will also be retained, should there be any stains on the items, whatsoever.
9) If you do not return the costume it will be regarded as theft and reported to the Police.
10) Legal action will be taken to recover bad debts in all circumstances.
11) Please do not wash the items, they will be cleaned by us upon return.
12) The booking fee (paid today) is NON refundable under any circumstances, with the exception, that if, for any reason, beyond our control, the item(s) is not available, and a substitute is not acceptable. (The refund is strictly limited to the booking fee).
Terms and Conditions, for Scenery Hire
A COPY OF THIS PAGE SHOULD BE GIVEN TO THE PRODUCER / DIRECTOR,
THE STAGE MANAGER, AND ALL MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE.
All Stage Crew and Cast members should also be made aware of the value of the hired items.
The “Installation” and “dismantling” of the scenery is a FREE service, given to some customers who book up their Set requirements early enough – the Estimated cost of your show does not include a charge for this service. Customers, who do not book up (well) in advance of their production date, and do not get the FREE service, should not expect a reduction in the price of their scenery.
Payments for the hire of scenery are as follows:
All new customers, who have not dealt with A1STAGE before, must pay fully in advance for any items of scenery – if payment is not received 4 months in advance of the production, we reserve the right to decline the show. (4 months in advance does not however guarantee a booking, and therefore payment should be as early as is possible to ensure a definite booking).
For repeat customers, the following applies:
a) A booking fee, equal to 1/3 of the total cost, is required to ensure that the scenery is available for your production. If payment is not received 4 months in advance of the production date, we reserve the right to decline the show. (4 months in advance does not however guarantee a booking, and therefore payment should be as early as is possible to ensure a definite booking).
b) A further 1/3 of the total cost, is then required 2 months before the production is due to start.
c) The final 1/3 of the total cost is required the week of your production.
Additional costs may then be added to the original Total, to cover the following:
a) If customers do not give reasonable assistance with the unloading and loading of the van. (The Estimated cost for your production is calculated under the assumption that A1STAGE will be given sufficient help to unload and reload the van).
b) Extra items, which were required after the original Estimate was given.
c) Changes to plans and layout drawings.
d) Breakage or damage to the hired items.
e) Alterations to the hired items, whether by A1STAGE or whilst on hire.
f) Loss of the hired items.
g) Changes to the “Get-in” and “Get-out” times, after being pre-arranged.
h) Damages/rips/dirt marks/water marks to Backdrops/Drapes/Curtains/Gauze Cloths – (Which will incur a cost to totally replace the item, not to repair the item).
The following conditions also apply:
1) A booking will not be confirmed or “pencilled-in” until the booking fee is received.
2) The initial booking fee is only refundable if A1STAGE do not have the scenery available for the required dates.
3) No hired items may be altered or repainted under any circumstances unless a written acknowledgement is received from A1STAGE.
4) All hired items are the property of A1STAGE, and cannot be used for any other purpose, or re-hired.
5) Receipt of an Estimate/Contract does not imply that the scenery will be available, only after the initial booking fee is received, (by A1STAGE), can a definite confirmation be given.
6) Please bear in mind that it is up to you, to ensure that the scenery, and those using, or handling it, are covered with the relevant insurance against damages or accidents.
7) It is the responsibility of those hiring the items, to ensure that they are used within the health and safety guidelines of the venue, they are used in.
8) Any “Risk Assessment” deemed necessary, must be carried out by those hiring the items.
9) All items are hired under the assumption that they are “fit for their intended purpose” – therefore a chair is only for sitting on. If any item is to be used in an unorthodox manner, then this should be made clear, when the item is ordered, so that modifications can be made, to make the item “fit for the intended purpose”.
10) If the venue specifies that certain “Health and Safety” requirements must be followed, (by A1STAGE), then we must be made aware of these points, well in advance. If there are any they will be printed out, as part of your contract with the venue. They may stipulate whether Hard Hats and Safety Boots must be worn, for example.